Workforce & Economic Development
Pima Community College, in partnership with the City of Tucson Economic Initiatives, is a key partner for Thrive in the 05 efforts. Pima Community College brings innovative Workforce & Economic Development solutions and opportunities to the Thrive in the 05 area through outreach, education and training opportunities for local businesses and residents in the area.
Thrive in the 05 Business Summit held on July 29, 2019 at PCC Downtown Campus. Co-sponsored by City of Tucson Economic Initiatives, Pima Community College Workforce Development, and Tucson Metro Chamber of Commerce. Nearly 40 local business owners and key stakeholders attended and engaged in thoughtful discussion around the following topics:
- What do you love about the Oracle/Miracle Mile area?
- What is your vision for this area, in particular as a commercial corridor?
- What do you envision it to look like in the next 10 years?
- What challenges do you face in your business today?
- What do you see as the opportunities for your business over the next 3-5 years?
- How has technology changed the way you do business?
- What training opportunities or skill sets would be helpful for you or your employees to help you meet your business goals?
- What type of customers are you looking to attract?
- How do you currently recruit employees?
Next Up: Thrive in the 05 Business Forums
PCC Downtown Campus Amethyst Room (CC 180) | 6:00pm - 7:30pm
November 19, 2019 | Business Planning & Development
January 27, 2020 | Activating Spaces & Reducing Crime
March 23, 2020 | Finding & Hiring Talent
May 18, 2020 | Transit Connection: Creating Destination Routes
Thrive in the 05 Business Forums are designed to support local business owners located within the Oracle/Miracle Mile Corridor. All members of the local Tucson business community and key stakeholders are welcome to attend.
For More Information:
Teresa Noon, Program Manager - Community Outreach
Pima Community College
email@example.com / 520.206.7031